- A Gobby server is back at that address. However its SSL certificate is issued on the name of gobby.0x539.de, which is upstream's public Gobby server. So you can just accept the certificate and then access the documents in the "debconf11" folder.
- I put up a tarball of all resulting plain-text documents. If you miss some content in one of them, please don't hesitate to contact me. I might be able to restore it from the records that dkg sent me before shredding the server.
Tuesday, August 9, 2011
If you still want to grab documents that used to be on gobby.debian.net:
Sunday, August 7, 2011
Three things I learned about Debian s390 today:
- The kernel expects hexadecimal channel numbers in lower case. Trying uppercase digits is futile.
- To get a getty in the HMC's Operating System Messages window of an LPAR, just uncomment the dumb console entry in /etc/inittab.
- For the integrated ASCII console to work on LPAR, you need to put up a getty onto ttysclp0. You can reuse the same parameters as for ttyS0 (the device that just works with z/VM). Unlike the 3270 interface of z/VM the integrated ASCII console is actually pretty nice and usable. You can even run vim in it without getting completely crazy.